Setting up for business
Useful, practical information for an employer, employee or self-employed person.
- Salary costs: details on how employees are typically remunerated as well as on the various schemes for limiting social security contributions or exempting employers from having to pay them.
- Employment contracts: the different types of legally recognised employment contracts in Belgium, and the implications for both employer and employee of terminating a contract.
- Work permit: the procedures that must be completed by non-EU nationals in order to apply for a work permit.
- Professional card: nationals from countries outside the European Union who wish to practice their profession in Belgium must apply for a professional card (license).
- Labour legislation and social security: an employer’s legal obligations in Belgium vis-à-vis employees, as well as how the social security and healthcare systems work.